威尼斯商人經典台詞
『威尼斯商人』中,阿爾怕西諾的那段台詞,念得太地道了,是第3幕第一部分的:
To bait fish withal:
拿來釣魚也好;
if it will feed nothing else,it will feed my revenge.
即使他的肉不中吃,至少也可以出出我這一口氣。
He hath disgraced me, and hindered me half a million; laughed at my losses,
他曾經羞辱過我,奪去我幾十萬塊錢的生意,譏笑著我的虧蝕,
mocked at my gains, scorned my nation,
挖苦著我的盈餘,侮蔑我的民族,
thwarted my bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine enemies;
破壞我的買賣,離間我的朋友,煽動我的仇敵;
and what's his reason? I am a Jew.
他的理由是什麼?隻因為我是一個猶太人。
Hath not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs,
難道猶太人沒有五官四肢、
dimensions, senses, affections, passions?
沒有知覺、沒有感情、沒有血氣嗎?
fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons,
他不是吃著同樣的食物,同樣的武器可以傷害他,
subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means,
warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Christian is?
同樣的醫藥可以療治他,冬天同樣會冷,夏天同樣會熱,就像一個基督徒一樣嗎?
If you prick us, do we not bleed?
你們要是用刀劍刺我們,我們不是也會出血的嗎?
if you tickle us, do we not laugh?
你們要是搔我們的癢,我們不是也會笑起來的嗎?
if you poison us, do we not die?
你們要是用毒藥謀害我們,我們不是也會死的嗎?
and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
那麼要是你們欺侮了我們,我們難道不會複仇嗎?
If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that.
要是在別的地方我們都跟你們一樣,那麼在這一點上也是彼此相同的。
If a Jew wrong a Christian,what is his humility? Revenge.
If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge.
要是一個猶太人欺侮了一個基督徒,那基督徒怎樣表現他的謙遜?報仇。
The villany you teach me, I will execute,
你們已經把殘虐的手段教給我,我一定會照著你們的教訓實行,
and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.
而且還要加倍奉敬哩。
一個但尼爾,一個再世的但尼爾!
熱門文章更多>>