美麗心靈經典台詞
1、-Alicia: Oh. I once tried to count them all. I actually made it to 4,348.
噢。我曾經試圖把它們全都數遍。事實上,我曾數到了4348。
-Nash: You are exceptionally odd.
你真是不同尋常。
-Alicia: I bet you're very popular with the girls.
我敢打賭你一定很有女人緣。
-Nash: A pair of odd ducks, then. Pick a shape.
看來,該是一對怪鴨子。挑個形狀?
-Alicia: Mmm. What?
嗯。什麼?
-Nash: Pick a shape. An animal, anything.
挑個形狀。動物啊,任何東西都行。
-Alicia: Okay. An umbrella.
好吧。一把雨傘。
(Nash為Alicia把星星連成圖案)
-Alicia: Do it again. Do it again.
再畫一次。再畫一次嘛。
-Nash: All right. What would you like?
好吧。你喜歡什麼呢?
-Alicia: Do, uh... an octopus.
畫一個,一隻八爪魚。
2、-Alicia: You don't talk much, do you?
你說話不多,對嗎?
-Nash: I can't talk to you about my work, Alicia.
我不能給你講我的工作。
-Alicia: I don't mean work.
我不是說工作。
-Nash: I find that polishing my interactions in order to make them sociable requires a tremendous effort.
我發現要提高我的交流能力以致能夠進行人際交往需要非常大的努力。
I have a tendency to expedite information flow by being direct. I often don't get a pleasant result.
我交流信息都傾向於直接。可我通常都得不到愉快的結果。
-Alicia: Try me.
試試我。
-Nash: All right. I find you attractive. Your aggressive moves towards me indicate that you feel the same way.
好吧。我覺得你很有魅力。你對我的主動性說明你也有同感。
But still, ritual requires that we continue with a number of platonic activities before we have sex.
盡管如此,傳統的交流仍需要我們在ML之前進行數多次柏拉圖式戀愛。
I am proceeding with those activities, but in point of actual fact,
我正在往這方向發展,但從事實上來講,
all I really want to do is have intercourse with you as soon as possible.
我真正想做的隻是盡快和你ML。
Are you gonna slap me now?
你現在該煽我了吧?
(因為之前這句笨拙直白的搭訕遭遇過耳光)
(Alicia吻了Nash)
-Alicia: How was that result?
這結果怎麼樣?
3、-Nash: Alicia, does our relationship warrant long-term commitment? 'Cause I need some kind of proof,
Alicia,我們的關係能夠成為長遠的許諾嗎?因為我需要一些證明,
some kind of verifiable, empirical data.
一些能夠證實的事實。
-Alicia: I'm sorry. Just give me a moment to redefine my girlish notions of romance. A proof? Verifiable data.
對不起,給我點時間讓我重新考慮我少女式的浪漫觀念。一個證明?能證實的事實。
Um... okay. Well, how big is the universe?
嗯,好吧。那你說宇宙有多大?
-Nash: Infinite.
無限大。
-Alicia: How do you know?
你怎麼知道?
-Nash: I know because all the data indicate it.
我知道是因為所有的資料都這樣顯示。
-Alicia: But it hasn't been proven yet? No. You haven't seen it. How do you know for sure?
但是還沒有證明,對嗎?沒錯。你還沒見過。你怎麼能肯定呢?
-Nash: I don't, I just believe it.
我不能肯定,我隻是相信。
-Alicia: Mmm. It's the same with love, I guess. Now, the part that you don't know is if I want to marry you.
嗯。我猜這跟愛也一樣。現在,你不知道的那部分就是我願不願意嫁給你。
4、-Nash: Charles?
Charles?
Charles?
Charles?
I didn't mean to get you involved in this.
我無意把你攪和到這些事裏。
I'm…I'm sorry.
我……我對不起。
Charles?
Charles?
The prodigal roommate revealed.
浪子室友顯真麵目了。
Saw my name on the lecture slate.
“在演講者名單上看見我的名字”
You lying son of a bitch!
你這個說謊的畜生。
-Rosen: Who are you talking to? Tell me who you see.
你在跟誰講話?告訴我你看見誰了?
-Nash: How do you say, "Charles Herman" in Russian?
如何用俄語說 “Charles Herman”?
How do you say it in Russian?
怎樣用俄語說?
-Rosen: There's no one there, John. There's no one there.
那裏沒有人啊,John。那裏沒有人。
-Nash: He's right there. He's right there.
他就在那。他就在那。
5、-Rosen: John has schizophrenia.
John有精神分裂症。
People with this disorder are often paranoid.
有這失調症的人通常都會妄想。
-Alicia: But…But his work.
但……但他的工作。
He deals with conspiracies...
是和協議有關的……
-Rosen: Yes, yes, I know.
是的,沒錯,我知道。
In John's world, these behaviors are... accepted,
在John的世界裏,這些行為是……允許的,
encouraged.
鼓勵的。
As such, his illness may have gone untreated...
同樣,他的症狀也就一直持續著……
far longer than is typical.
比一般要長的時間而沒有得到治療。
-Alicia: What do you mean? How long?
你什麼意思?有多久?
-Rosen: Possibly since graduate school?
估計大學的時候?
At least that's when his hallucinations seem to have begun.
至少,那是他這些幻想開始的時候。
-Alicia: What are you talking about? What hallucinations?
你在說些什麼?什麼幻想?
-Rosen: One, so far, that I am aware of.
目前,我已經察覺到一個。
An imaginary roommate named Charles Herman.
一個虛構的室友叫Charles Herman。
-Alicia: Charles isn't imaginary.
Charles不是虛構的。
He and John have been best friends since Princeton.
他和John自從普林斯頓以來就是最好的朋友。
-Rosen: Have you ever met Charles? Has he ever come to dinner?
你見過Charles嗎?他來吃過飯嗎?
-Alicia: He's always in town for so little time, lecturing.
他總是隻能在城裏帶一會,忙演講。
-Rosen: Was he at your wedding?
他參加了你們的婚禮嗎?
-Alicia: He had to teach.
他需要教課。
-Rosen: Have you ever seen a picture of him, talked to him on the telephone?
你見過他的照片,和他在電話上談過話嗎?
-Alicia: This is ridiculous.
這簡直是荒謬。
-Rosen: I phoned Princeton.
我給普林斯頓去了電話,
According to their housing records,
根據他們的住房紀錄,
John lived alone.
John是獨自一人住。
Now, which is more likely…that your husband,
聽著,哪一個更可信……是你的丈夫,
a mathematician with no military training,
一個沒有受過軍訓的數學家,
is a government spy fleeing the Russians…
是一個躲避俄羅斯人的政府間諜……
-Alicia: You're making him sound crazy.
你把他說的跟瘋子似的。
-Rosen: ...or, that he has lost his grip on reality?
還是說他無法控製現實?
Now the only way I can help him...
現在,我唯一能夠幫助他的方法……
is to show him the difference...
就是讓他知道……
between what's real...
什麼是真實的……
and what is in his mind.
而什麼是他大腦的想象。
6、-Alicia: That's okay.
這都沒關係。
-Nash: Everything's gonna be all right.
一切都會好的。
Everything's gonna be all right.
一切都會好的。
We just have to talk quietly.
我們隻能悄悄的講話。
They may be listening. There may be microphones.
他們可能正在監聽。這裏可能有監聽器。
I'm gonna tell you everything now.
我現在會把一切都告訴你。
It's breaking with protocol...
這是違背協議的……
but you need to know,
但你需要知道。
because you have to help me get out of here.
因為你需要幫我離開這。
I've been doing top secret work for the government.
我一直都在為政府幹著最高機密的工作。
There's a threat that exists...
現在存在著一個……
of catastrophic proportions.
災難性威脅。
I think the Russians feel my profile is too high.
我認為蘇聯人覺得我實在太重要了。
That's why they simply just don't do away with me.
這就是為什麼他們不把我弄死了。
They're keeping me here to try to stop me...
他們把我關在這以防止我……
from doing my work.
繼續我的工作。
You have to get to Wheeler.
你需要去趟惠勒。
You have to find William Parcher. Stop.
你一定要找到William Parcher。停止。
He can help us.
他可以幫助我們。
-Alicia: Stop. Stop. Stop!
停止,停止,停止!
I went to Wheeler.
我去過了惠勒。
-Nash: Good, good.
好,那就好。
There is no William Parcher.
那沒有William Parcher這個人。
-Nash: Of course there is.
當然有。
I've been working for him.
我一直在為他工作。
-Alicia: Doing what?
做什麼?
Breaking codes?
破密碼?
Dropping packages in a secret mailbox...
把包裹投擲到秘密的信箱裏……
for the government to pick up?
等政府來拿?
-Nash: How could you know that?
你怎麼可能會知道這些?
-Alicia: Sol followed you.
Sol跟蹤了你。
He thought it was harmless.
他以為這沒什麼大礙。
-Nash: Sol followed me?
Sol跟蹤了我?
-Alicia: They've never been opened.
它們從來都沒有被打開過。
It isn't real.
那些不是真的。
There is no conspiracy, John.
那並沒有協議,John。
There is no William Parcher.
那沒有William Parcher。
It's in your mind.
它們隻是你腦子的想象。
Do you understand, baby?
你明白嗎,寶貝?
You're sick.
sick: 有病的
你生病了。
You're sick, John.
你生病了,John。
7、Nash自殘
-Rosen: John?
John?
John?
John?
-Nash: The implant's gone.
植入的東西不見了。
I can't find it.
我找不見它了。
It's gone.
它不見了。
8、-Rosen: You see, the nightmare of schizophrenia...
你也看到,精神分裂症這種夢魘……
is not knowing what's true.
就是不知道什麼是真實的。
Imagine...
想象……
if you had suddenly learned that the people and the places...
如果你突然得知你身邊最重要的人、地方、
and the moments most important to you...
以及時刻……
were not gone, not dead,
不是離開,也不是死亡,
but worse…
而是更糟的……
had never been.
就從來沒有出現過。
What kind of hell would that be?
那麼,那會是怎麼樣的一個地獄呢?
9、-Sol: So, Alicia, how- how are you holding up?
嗯,Alicia,你是怎……怎麼支撐的?
-Alicia: Well, the delusions have passed.
錯覺已經沒有了。
They're saying with the medication...
他們說隻要用藥……
and low stress environment…
還有環境上不要有太多壓力……
-Sol: No, I- I mean, how are you?
不,我……我是說,你怎麼樣?
-Alicia: I think often what I feel...
我常常認為我所感覺得……
is obligation.
是義務。
Or guilt over wanting to leave.
或是想要離去上的罪孽。
Rage against John, against God and…
違背John,違背上帝的狂怒,以及……
But...
但是……
then I look at him...
而當我看到他時……
and I force myself to see the man that I married.
我就強迫我自己去看那個跟我結婚的男人。
And he becomes that man.
他就變成了那個人。
He's transformed into someone that I love.
他就轉變成了一個我愛的人。
And I'm transformed into someone who loves him.
而我轉變成了一個愛他的人。
It's not all the time,
盡管不是時時都這樣,
but...
但……
it's enough.
這已經足夠了。
-Sol: I think John is a very lucky man...
我認為John是個非常幸運的人……
Alicia.
Alicia。
-Alicia: So unlucky.
實在是不幸。
10、-Alicia: What are you thinking about?
你在想什麼那?
-Nash: What do people do?
人們都幹些什麼?
-Alicia: It's life, John.
生活啊,John。
Activities available,
可做的事有很多,
just add meaning.
隻要加上含義就行了。
You could try leaving the house.
你可以嚐試著出去轉轉。
You know, maybe...
你呢,也可以……
talk to people.
和人交談。
You could try taking out the garbage.
你可以嚐試著把垃圾拎出去。
-Nash: And there's some more…there's some more in...
那還有一些……還有一些在……
-Alicia: Who…Who were you talking to?
你剛跟誰……誰講話呢?
-Nash: Garbage man.
收垃圾的人。
-Alicia: Garbage men don't come at night.
收垃圾的人晚上是不會來的。
-Nash: I guess around here they do.
我猜在這的會。
-Alicia: Sorry.
對不起。
(Alicia誤以為Nash又犯病了,結果真的有garbage man,哈哈~)
11、-Nash:I understand..
我明白了。
-Nash: She never gets old.
她永遠都不長大。
Marcee can't be real. She never gets old.
Marcee不可能是真的。她永遠都不長大。
12、-Rosen: Why did you stop your meds?
你為什麼停了你的藥?
-Nash: Because I couldn't do my work.
因為我無法工作。
I couldn't help with the baby.
我無法幫助照顧小孩。
I couldn't…
我無法……
I couldn't respond to my wife.
我無法回應我的妻子。
13、-Rosen: Schizophrenia is degenerative. Some days maybe symptom-free,
精神分裂症是會退化的,有一天你的症狀會消失,
but over time, you are getting worse.
但長時間的持續,會使你更糟。
-Nash: It's a problem. That's all it is.
這是一個問題。僅此而已。
It's a problem with no solution.
這是一個沒有答案的問題。
And that's what I do, I solve problems.
我就是幹這個的,我解問題。
That's what I do best.
這也是我在行的。
-Rosen: This isn't math.
這不是數學。
You can't come up with a formula...
你無法想出個公式……
to change the way you experience the world.
來改變你感覺世界的方法。
-Nash: All I have to do is apply my mind.
我所需要做的隻是使用我的大腦。
-Rosen: There's no theorem, no proof.
這沒有定律,也沒有證明。
You can't reason your way out of this.
你是無法理出頭緒的。
-Nash: Why not? Why can't I?
為什麼?為什麼我不行?
-Rosen: Because your mind is where the problem is in the first place.
因為你的大腦就是問題的根源。
14、-Alicia: Would you have hurt me, John?
你會傷害我嗎,John?
-Nash: I don't know.
我不知道。
Maybe you should let Dr. Rosen drive you to your mother's.
也許你應該讓Dr. Rosen送你去你媽那。
-Alicia: Rosen said to call if you try and kill me or anything.
Rosen說如果你想殺我或其它什麼的就給他打電話。
You want to know what's real?
你想知道什麼是真的?
This.
這個。
This.
這個。
This.
這個。
This is real.
這個是真的。
Maybe the part...
也許……
that knows the waking from the dream,
能知道從夢中醒來的部分,
maybe it isn't here.
可能不在這。
Maybe it's here.
而是在這。
I need to believe...
我需要相信……
that something extraordinary is possible.
奇跡是可能的。
15、-Charles: John, now, you can't ignore me forever.
John,你不能永遠都這樣忽視我。
-Nash: Charles, you've been a very good friend to me.
Charles,你一直都是我非常好的朋友。
The best.
最好的。
But I won't talk to you again.
但我不會再跟你講話了。
I just can't.
我就是不能。
Same goes for you, baby girl.
你也一樣,寶貝。
Good-bye.
別了。
Good-bye.
別了。
16、I was wondering if I might audit your course.
我想知道我能不能旁聽你的課程。
-Princeton Professor: It's…It's an honor, Professor Nash.
這是……這是我的榮幸。Nash教授。
Is something wrong?
有什麼不對的嗎?
-Nash: This will be my first class.
這將是我上的第一堂課。
Good morning,
早上好。
eager young minds.
饑渴的年輕人們。
17、-Hansen: What about the…
那個……
Well, you know.
其實你也知道。
Are they gone?
他們消失了嗎?
-Nash: No, they're not gone.
沒有,他們沒有消失。
And maybe they never will be.
說不定他們永遠也不會消失。
But I've gotten used to ignoring them...
我已經習慣不理會他們了……
and I think as a result they've kind of given up on me.
而且我想因此,他們也已經對我放棄了。
You think that's what it's like...
你以為我們的夢……
with all our dreams and our nightmares, Martin?
以及噩夢就是這樣的嗎,Martin?
You've got to keep feeding them for them to stay alive?
不停的飼養他們讓他們活者?
-Hansen: John, they…haunt you, though.
John,可是,他們……經常困擾你。
-Nash: They're my past, Martin. Everybody's haunted by their past.
他們已經是過去了,Martin。每一個人都在被過去所困擾著。
Well, good-bye.
那好吧,再見。
-Hansen: John, I'll talk to the department.
John,我會跟部門談談的。
Maybe in the spring.
也許春天的時候。
18、Hansen: Hey, Nash?
嘿,Nash?
You…You scared?
你……你害怕了嗎?
-Nash: Terrified.
恐嚇、
Mortified. Petrified.
恐懼、恐懾、
Stupefied by you.
恐慌……都是被你弄的。
19、-Princeton Student A: Thanks, Professor.
謝謝教授。
-Nash: Good-bye.
再見。
-Princeton Student A: Have a nice day.
祝你一天愉快。
-Nash: Good-bye.
再見。
Papers in hand, Mr. Beyer.
論文在我那,Mr. Beyer。
-Thomas King: Professor Nash?
Nash教授?
-Nash: Can you see him?
你看的見他嗎?
-Princeton Student B: Yeah.
能啊。
-Nash: You sure?
你肯定?
-Princeton Student B: Uh-huh.
嗯哼。
-Nash: Positive? He's within your vision?
確實肯定?他在你的視線裏?
Okay. Good.
行了,那就好。
Forgive me, I'm just always suspicious of new people.
請原諒我,我隻是對生人都有些懷疑。
-Princeton Student B: See you next week, Professor.
下周見,教授。
-Nash: See you next week.
下周見。
So now that I know that you're real,
那麼現在我知道你是真實的了,
who are you, and what can I do for you?
你是誰,還有我能為你做些什麼?
20、I would have thought the nominations...
我一直以為……
for the Nobel Prize would have been secret.
諾貝爾獎的提名是秘密的。
I would have thought you'd only find out...
我以為你隻能知道……
if you won or lost.
你是贏了還是輸了。
-Thomas King: That is generally the case, yes.
沒錯,通常都是這樣。
But these are special circumstances.
但有時會有特別的情況。
The awards are substantial.
這個獎是非常重要的。
They require private funding. As such,
他需要個人籌款。同樣,
the image of the Nobel is...
諾貝爾的形象也是……
-Nash: I see. You came here to find out if I was crazy?
我明白了。你是來這看我有沒有發瘋?
Find out if I would...
看我會不會……
screw everything up if I actually won?
真的得了獎後,把一切都搞雜?
Dance around the podium, strip naked and squawk like a chicken,
在主席台上跳舞,脫光衣服,像雞一樣嘶叫,
things of this nature?
已經其它跟這差不多性質的事?
-Thomas King: Something like that, yes.
是的,也差不多是這個意思。
21、Nash: You see, I…
你要明白,我……
I am crazy.
我是瘋的。
I take the newer medications,
我服用最新的藥物,
but I still see things that are not here.
但我仍然看的見那些不存在的東西。
I just choose not to acknowledge them.
我隻是選擇了不去理睬他們。
Like a diet of the mind,
就好像一頓心靈快餐,
I choose not to indulge certain appetites.
我選擇不去縱容某些食欲。
Like my appetite for patterns.
比如說我症狀的食欲。
Perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream.
還有我虛構和想象的食欲。
22、鋼筆榮耀
-Man: Professor Nash.
Nash教授。
It's good to have you here, John.
很高興你能來這,John。
-Nash: Thank you.
謝謝你。
-Man A: It's an honor, sir.
這是個榮幸,先生。
-Nash: Thank you very much.
非常感謝你。
-Man B: A privilege, Professor.
我的光榮,教授。
-Man C: Professor.
教授。
-Tom: Nicely done, John.
做的好,John。
-Nash: Thank you, Tom.
謝謝你,Tom。
Thank you.
謝謝你。
Thank you.
謝謝你。
Thank you, Ed.
謝謝你,Ed。
That was certainly most unexpected.
這實在是令人意想不到。
Thank you.
謝謝。
22、獲獎辭
I've always believed in numbers.
我一直都相信數字。
In the equations and logics... that lead to reason.
還有那些引導推理的……方程式和邏輯。
But after a lifetime of such pursuits,
但是在一生的追求後,
I ask,
我問我自己,
what truly is logic?
什麼才是真正的邏輯?
Who decides reason?
誰來決定原因?
My quest has taken me through the physical,
我的追求帶領我穿過了物理,
the metaphysical,
形而上學,
the delusional...
幻覺……
and back.
又帶了回來。
And I have made the most important discovery of my career.
同時我做了生涯中最重要的發現。
The most important discovery of my life.
我生命中最重要的發現。
It is only in the mysterious equations of love...
這隻有在神秘的愛的等式裏……
that any logical reasons can be found.
才能發現任何邏輯上的原因。
I'm only here tonight because of you.
我今晚在這是因為你。
You are the reason I am.
你就是我存在的原因。
You are all my reasons.
你是我的全部。
Thank you.
謝謝大家。
23、John Nash:My first grade teacher,she told me that I was born with two helpings of brain,but only half a helping of heart.
約翰·納什:我一年級的老師,曾經告訴我,我天生就具有兩個有用的大腦。
24、Classes will dull your mind.Destroy the potential for authentic creativity.
上課會讓你大腦變遲鈍,會毀掉富有重大創造性的潛能。
25、John Nash:In competitive someone always loses.
約翰·納什:激烈的競爭力下總有人要輸的。
26、Alicia:God must be a painter.Why else would we have so many colors?
艾莉西亞:上帝一定是個畫家,要不然我們怎麼會有這麼多的顏色。
27、John Nash:I don't believe in luck.But I do believe in assigning value to things.
約翰·納什:我不相信運氣,但我相信物品所決定的價值。
28、Charles:Nothing's ever for sure,John.That's the only sure thing I do know.
查爾斯:約翰,沒有什麼事情是肯定的,這也是唯一我能肯定的事情。
29、Alicia:I need to believe that something extraordinary is possible.
艾莉西亞:我需要相信奇跡是可能的。
30、Hansen: You scared? 漢森:你害怕嗎?
Nash: Sarcastically. Terrified. Mortified. Petrified. Stupefied... by you. 納什:(諷刺地)恐懼的、苦惱的、嚇呆的、麻木的…被你。
31、Nash: Thank you. I've always believed in numbers ,in the equations and logics that lead to reason.But after a lifetime of such pursuits, I ask, "What truly is logic? Who decides reason?"My quest has taken me through the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional -- and back.And I have made the most important discovery of my career, the most important discovery of my life: It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logical reasons can be found.I'm only here tonight because of you (his wife, Alicia). You are the reason I am. You are all my reasons.Thank you.
納什:謝謝大家!我一直以來都堅信數字,不管是方程還是邏輯都引導我們去思考。但是在如此追求了一生後,我問自己:“邏輯到底是什麼?誰決定原由?”我的探索讓我從形而下到形而上,最後到了妄想症,就這樣來回走了一趟。在事業上我有了重大突破,在生命中我也找到了最重要的人:隻有在這種神秘的愛情方程中,才能找到邏輯或原由來。今晚我能站在這兒全是你的功勞,你是我成功的因素,也是唯一的因素。謝謝你!