懦夫在未死以前,就已經死了好多次;勇士一生隻死一次,在一切怪事中,人們的貪生怕死就是一件最奇怪的事情。
my only love sprung from my only hate ! (romeo and juliet 1.5)
我唯一的愛來自我唯一的恨。——《羅密歐與朱麗葉》
what’s in a name? that which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet. (romeo and juliet 2.2)
名字中有什麼呢?把玫瑰叫成別的名字,它還是一樣的芬芳。——《羅密歐與朱麗葉》
/名稱有什麼關係呢?玫瑰不叫玫瑰,依然芳香如故。
young men’s love then lies not truly in their hearts, but in their eyes. (romeo and juliet 2.3)
年輕人的愛不是發自內心,而是全靠眼睛。——《羅密歐與朱麗葉》
since the little wit that fools have was silenc’d, the little foolery that wise men have makes a great show. (as you like it, 1.2)
自從傻子小小的聰明被壓製得無聲無息,聰明人小小的傻氣顯得更吸引眼球了。——《皆大歡喜》
世界是一個舞台,所有的男男女女不過是一些演員,他們都有下場的時候,也都有上場的時候。一個人的一生中扮演著好幾個角色。 ——《皆大歡喜》
beauty provoketh thieves sooner than gold. (as you like it, 1.3)
美貌比金銀更容易引起歹心。——《皆大歡喜》
sweet are the uses of adversity. (as you like it, 2.1)
逆境和厄運自有妙處。——《皆大歡喜》
do you not know i am a woman? when i think, i must speak. (as you like it, 3.2)
你難道不知道我是女人?我心裏想什麼,就會說出來。——《皆大歡喜》
love is merely a madness. (as you like it, 3.2)
愛情不過是一種瘋狂。——《皆大歡喜》
o, how bitter a thing it is to look into happiness through another man’s eyes! (as you like it)
唉!從別人的眼中看到幸福,自己真有說不出的酸楚!——《皆大歡喜》
it is a wise father that knows his own child. (a merchant of venice 2.2)
知子之父為智。——《威尼斯商人》
love is blind and lovers cannot see the pretty follies that themselves commit. (a merchant of venice 2.6)
愛情是盲目的,戀人們看不到自己做的傻事。——《威尼斯商人》
all that glisters is not gold. (a merchant of venice 2.7)
閃光的並不都是金子。——《威尼斯商人》
so is the will of a living daughter curb’d by the will of a dead father. (a merchant of venice 1.2)
一個活生生的女人的意願,卻被過世的父親的遺囑所限。——《威尼斯商人》